Thursday 22 October 2015

Day To Night | Striped A-Line Dress

I love a good wardrobe piece that can be worn from day to night, and this striped A-line dress from Valleygirl (similar here) is one of my favourite interchangeable garments that I own. With a few small changes this dress change go from a super casual yet chic daytime look, to the perfect attire for an evening on the town.

Day To Night | The Striped A-Line | Cate Renée

DAY
During the day time I love wearing dresses, and styling them down to be more casual. This means FLATS, and I for one will grab at any opportunity to wear ballet flats or trainers during the day, as they make daily errands and other jobs much more comfortable. I also can't take a miss at wearing my beloved denim jacket(s) - I own too many for it to be considered "normal" - but nevertheless, a denim jacket is a great alternative for styling your outfit to be more daytime appropriate, and if the weather suddenly warms up, they look super cute wrapped around your waist. Nine times out of 10, I'm on the go or at work during the day, so bucket bag becomes necessary accessory for me to throw all my junk into, and this one from H&M is currently my favourite (similar here), plus the fringe element makes it so "in" this season. And to top off this daytime outfit, I've thrown on a panama styled hat to keep the sunshine out of my face, along with these tortoiseshell-like shades from Valleygirl- they were a bargain at $6.95!

Day To Night | The Striped A-Line | Cate Renée

NIGHT
When the sun goes down, a dress is the perfect option for an evening affair, and with a few accessory changes this outfit can be taken from day to night. First up I've swapped out my flats for something with a little more height, and these strappy sandals from ASOS (similar here) are both minimal and chic, perfect for jazzing up an outfit, and literally go with almost everything in my wardrobe- hello staple item! On the occasion that you require a cover up, switch the denim jacket for a more put-together piece like a blazer or this black leather jacket from Dotti, if you're feeling a little rock-chic-esque. Lastly change up your baggage situation, I usually opt for a clutch or handbag with a little more glamour, and add the final touch, a swipe of bright or red lipstick!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig