Wednesday 13 April 2016

My Delicious & Creamy Carbonara

My Delicious & Creamy Carbonara Recipe | Cate Renée

Cooking Carbonara is what I was born to do, my hidden talent if you will. I don't use any recipe or guide to creating the perfect bowl of pasta, and each time it turns out a little differently. But recently, well in the last year or two, I've got my recipe down pat and today I'm going to share it with you. Get ready for your mind and your taste buds to be blown, because this Carbonara is seriously simple and delicious!

INGREDIENTS
Olive oil
1 white onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 slices of bacon, diced
Handful of button mushrooms, diced
Handful of grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup cream or milk
2 cups chicken stock
Pasta, I love either linguine or bucatini
Dried parsley, basil and oregano
Fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper

METHOD
Grab a chopping board and finely dice the white onion and slices of bacon. Fry off in a pan with a generous amount of good quality olive oil and add in your crushed garlic cloves. Allow to cook until onion becomes translucent, mixing in your dried herbs at the same time. Boil a pot of salty water for your pasta and cook until al dente. Throw your mushrooms into the fry pan along with the chicken stock and simmer for five minutes. Gently mix in your cream, Parmesan and some cracked pepper until the sauce is mixed evenly. Once pasta is cooked, add it to your creamy sauce and gently fold the sauce over until completely coated. Lastly add in your freshly chopped parsley and any additional salt and pepper to taste, and voila!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig