Friday 27 May 2016

The Healthy Banana Choc Chip Smoothie

The Healthy Banana Choc Chip Smoothie | Cate Renée

Smoothies are a huge part of my breakfast routine in the mornings. I'll be the first to say that breakfast is my least favourite meal time of the day, and whilst I understand the importance of kick-starting your metabolism and feeding your hungry, I'm just not that into it. I am a huge lover of breakfast foods though and love to enjoy them for lunch or even dinner, but usually opt for a healthy smoothie or juice in the mornings - their quick, easy and disguise food as a drink - I love it! I generally make healthy smoothies anyways but can never give up on my love for banana choc chip anything, especially milkshakes. So I'm on a mission to create a healthier alternative that stills packs a punch of that banana and chocolate flavour with half the amount of sugary ingredients.

INGREDIENTS
3 frozen bananas
2 tsp cacao nibs
2 tsp cacao powder
1 tsp maca powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbs maple syrup or rice malt syrup
1 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk

METHOD
Add all of the dry ingredients, then pour in your syrup and milk into the mixture. Blend until thick, smooth and creamy!
Share:

2 comments

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig