Friday 5 August 2016

Travel Favourites

Travel Favourites - Eateries, Attractions, Shops & More! | Cate Renée

EATERIES & FOOD
The food, all the food in the world! I think it's more than safe to say that I overindulged on this trip and most likely ate some form of carbohydrate for yes, breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Oh the desserts will blow your mind. From countless pub meals in London to buttery croissants in Paris, pizza, pasta and the most silky-smooth gelato in Italy, I certainly enjoyed eating my way through Europe and Dubai. Here are a few of my most memorable eateries and food joints: The Approach Tavern, Bethnal Green (UK), food stalls at Brick Lane Market (UK), Le Village Monge (Paris), La Comedia (Paris), Avinyo 10 (Barcelona), Poco Loco Fusion & Cocktail Bar (Dubrovnik, Croatia), P. F. Chang's China Bistro (Dubai) and Markette (The Dubai Mall, Dubai).

ATTRACTIONS
After six weeks of traveling around sunny Europe and Dubai, I can happily say that I've now visited most of the top attractions and monuments in each country... and here is just a small handful of my favourites: Brick Lane Market and Trafalgar Square, UK, Palace of Versailles, France, Parc Guell and Fort Montjuic, Barcelona, Prince's Palace of Monaco, Colosseum and Trevi Fountain, Rome, Positano and Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Old Walls, Dubrovnik, Croatia, and The Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa, Dubai!

SHOPPING
This trip I took the term "shop 'til you drop" to a whole new level! Once you've spent three full days at both Westfield Stratford City and The Dubai Mall then you can reason with me. Such a huge range of different shops and stores that we don't have in Australia, and the diversity of products within is just incredible - no wonder I broke the bank! Although the exchange rate was pretty crap I certainly didn't let that rain on my shopping parade. I spent most of my time exploring the racks and shelves of: Forever 21, Superdrug, Sephora, Primark, Mango, OYOSHO, H&M and American Eagle Outfitters. A small side note: whilst we do actually have H&M now in Australia is does not compare to the larger European and Dubai stores. I've got a post planned for sometime next week featuring all the fashion bits and bobs I picked up.

MORE
And lastly a few more travel favourites and first up is a book I bought on my iPhone to read on the many plane journeys. The book I speak of is Letters To My Fanny by Cherry Healey, a bloody hilarious memoir full of life's anecdotes with a touch of feminism and hint of self-love. Beyond relatable, this book left me in fits of laughter and tears streaming. Another was a Boots purchase which for a drugstore product is flippin' wonderful and for once does what the packaging states... erases pores! The Maybelline Instant Pore Eraser became my go-to for my base primer and saved me from many shiny t-zones.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig