Tuesday 31 January 2017

January Favourites

January Favourites | Cate Renée

How are we already at the end of January 2017?! This month has whizzed by in the blink of an eye but I've really enjoyed getting out there and having some adventures over the past couple of weeks. The first week my Mum and I jetted off up north to beautiful, sunny Karratha for a week with her high school best friend and their family. We had an absolute ball and driving back down the coast to Perth was incredible. I seemed to have added quite a few things to my favourites list this month and so I've broken it all down into categories: beauty, style, life and more.

BEAUTY
I mentioned The Body Shop Vanilla Chai Softening Body Butter in my New Skincare Bits post and how much I adored the scent of this cream - chai latte anyone - which makes me actually want to moisturise after shaving instead of having dry, scaly legs for the rest of summer. My other beauty favourite was a gift I received which was my very first Chanel fragrance. The Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP is seriously divine and unlike anything I've ever smelt before. I'm planning on writing a full review on it very soon but I have to say the fresh yet subtly sweet smell has completely won me over and topped the list of my favourite perfumes.

STYLE
Two more Christmas gifts and a little treat yourself purchase here in the form of my beloved Mimco Lovely Medium Pouch, summery, golden Novo Rockpool Sandals and my new love for the mirrored sunglasses trend. I'd been on the hunt for a lovely Mimco pouch for close to a year but didn't really find anything I loved enough to pick up but since my Mum knows me so well she couldn't pass the gorgeous black and rose gold design. Glitzy and gold seem to be what's catching my eye lately and the same goes for these sandals which are beyond comfortable - I even spent the whole day walking around Fremantle in them with no blisters in sight. I picked up these mirrored sunnies last week for Australia Day for a total steal at $15 from Temt and now I really want to pick up a red-orange mirrored pair.

LIFE
Like I mentioned before, I was lucky enough to explore a little more of my own home state this month with a trip to Karratha with my Mum where we didn't nothing but relax and soak up the sun with our friends. I wrote a post all about our adventures here if you'd like to read more. I'm still using my 2017 Kmart Diary as much as I can to keep myself organise and on track with many exciting events taking place over the next month or two. And lastly I've been enjoying the sweet scents of the heavenly Ecoya French Pear candle in the evenings when I'm watching The Hills in bed.

TV, MUSIC & FOOD
This month I coaxed my Dad into getting Stan, a bit like Netflix - which we already have - as we down-graded our Foxtel subscription but were still keen on watching a few movies they didn't have on offer. And then I found possibly my new favourite Australia drama Love Child, about a place called Stanton House for young, unwed mothers-to-be during the late 1960's and 70's. It follows the life of Sister Joan Millar and the young girls staying there. So if you loved Call The Midwife then you will love this too. Music wise I've had Adele's 25 album on loop this month as I'm gearing up for her concert at Domain Stadium next month - SO. BLOODY. EXCITED. I'm really loving the songs: Love In The Dark, When We Were Young and Water Under The Bridge. As part of my new year's resolution to get healthy from the inside out, I've been making a conscious effort to eat a big breakfast every day and I'm loving this Red Tractor Almond & Coconut Granola with a delicious green smoothie most mornings - hoping to get around to doing another What I Eat In A Day post soon. But when I'm feeling like something a little naughty I've been reaching for Lindt Excellence Raspberry Intense dark chocolate with raspberry bits inside... sooooo goooood!
Share:

2 comments

  1. I love love love the Vanilla Chai Body Shop body butter. Smells so yummy!

    Sara | www.saraspoke.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just can't shut up about it ��

      Delete

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig